Monday, December 7, 2009

Blog #22

Who We Are

NIDUS

Board of Editors

Don Strange
Managing Editor

Karin Lin-Greenberg
Fiction Editor

Jonathan Loucks
Poetry Editor

Heather McEntarfer
Creative Nonfiction
Editor

Marshall Warfield
Art Editor

Nidus accepts submissions of poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction, with a 5000 word limit year-round and simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but in that scenario, would prefer to know if the piece of work has been accepted elsewhere.


Nidus was my choice for my presentation, and by definition, is a" breeding place; a place where something originates, develops or is located". Their journal strives to be a foundation and core for talented writers and judicious readers where the works of both established and up-and-coming writers are featuredAfter re-reading my first essay about my brother and i, noticed a few similarities between my essay, and those that were accepted in Nidus. In the creative non-fiction essay, "catch Scratch Fever" found in NIdus, it is a story about two brothers, though, not related by blood, but rather than by marriage. Carl in this particular story would represent me differently then, and now. Towards the end of the story, the main character saw the woods as the genesis in realizing that life could end at any moment. his care for life began in the woods when he almost had his head blown to smithereens by a shotgun. My beginning point would be at my boarding school in which i attended with my brother who was my best friend. This particular cursed ground would be where my uncaring attitude towards my brother would begin. Years of friendship washed away within what seemed like the blink of an eye

No comments:

Post a Comment