Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blog #18

70 Colonia boulevard, Rahway NJ 07065 is the address that was. It wasn't the biggest of houses, but sufficient enough. My old house that holds abundant memories, both good and bad. A place where tears were shed, bonds created, and believe it or not, love actually found. I find myself driving by this house almost every day as i only seem to remember the good memories whenever i drive by. On occasion, i actually drive out of the way to get a glance at the blue house with the white shutters and white storm door, with the most recent visit being today on my way home from work. Stopping to think of the holidays we shared there, and having the the best neighbor one could ask for, trading gifts and bottles of wine every thanksgiving and christmas. Most people have a difficult time with loosing things that have life, such as people, or animals, but i seem to be having the most difficult time saying a final goodbye to the house on colonia boulevard. I cant exactly say why, wether it be because weve had such terrible luck with houses and both in our recent searches, or maybe the manner in which we had to leave the house. "ring ring", the new owners will be moving in in 3 weeks. My so called father had sold the house without our knowledge, leaving me, my mother, brother and sister to find a house within 3 weeks. i can only laugh at that situation now, but that is not the one at hand. I just cant seem to find the strength to say a final goodbye to the house, but writing this might have helped me understand why i cant say goodbye to it, and why i keep going back to it more than often. I was robbed of my beloved home

2 comments:

  1. Nice story, it seems almost everyone favorite place is their home including mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deeeje - It is hard to make such a big change without any notice. There must have been so much stress finding a new place to live that you probably had no time to grieve. It is hard to give up something you want to keep. You also had no input on the decision. Thank you for sharing your story and remember no can take away your memories. Maureen

    ReplyDelete