Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blog #14

Theeeee SIMPSoonnnssssss….duh duh duh duh duuuh duh duh duhh…and the beat goes on. That’s my favorite cartoon, and to me is the best cartoon in the world. 20 years running and still amongst the top 5 shows on Sunday night prime time. It was my escape, my once chance every Sunday night at 8pm to be animated along with them- from the harsh reality I lived as a child courtesy of my father.

This picture to most, if not all, would be just another picture that was taken at universal studios, but to me, it is one the best things in the world. I even went as far to buy a homer Simpson cup at the exit of the ride. In the picture, I would be Bart Simpson, not so for his troublesome ways, but more so his willingness to be in the front seat. Lol, that would be in the front of the TV, singing along as the introduction music played, watching my reality turn into fantasy as I was invincible to the word for those 30 minutes. Besides the childhood memory factor, the Simpson ride itself was one like no other. The technology and innovation behind it was both fascinating and out of this world for the mere fact that I could not tell wether the actual car was moving, or if it was just the room. It was an overall awesome ride. As I get older, I don’t see myself swaying away from what started as a like, and grown into a habit. I conscientiously watch the show, and DVR it when necessary. The simpsons not in my future is like telling another human to go a week without food. Till today, the show takes me back and away; away from my everyday trials and tribulations in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment